[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] How to read

Jerry Frank franklyspeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 13 05:52:04 PDT 2013

You can find tips for translating Polish records along with examples at https://www.sggee.org/research/translation_aids.html

Also, many of the books, though not all, have an index and the end of a year.  Sometimes that index is at the end of a section - birth, marriage or death - or sometimes all three are together after death.  Sometimes those indexes are alphabetical by surname, sometimes by given name and in others they might be sequential in order of event.  These indexes will provide the page and record number of where the event is recorded, making it easier than having to browse through the records.

The more you work with these records, the more practice you get, the easier it will be for you.

Jerry