[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Rovno repatriate cards?

Mauricio Norenberg mauricio.norenberg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 18:21:12 PDT 2013

Hi Paul, thank you for your reply.

Regarding Volhynians living in Germany prior to emigration from Europe:
I am aware about quite a few families from the same "emigration lot" who
did the same, they granted Citizenship before going to Brazil. One of my
researching old friends found these citizenship records somehow, but I lost
contact with him and have no idea how he did it. His family settled exactly
in the same area of Brazil as my ancestors and also on the same year
(1908). On my Volhynian research, there's still a "gap" where I don't know
if they were living in Volhynia until 1908 or not.

In Brazil we had this sad experience of Brazilian military making Germans
to "get rid"of their language and being scared of keeping their records and
letters during WWII and now I don't have much information to dig back home.

That's why I so want to try to find things like this.
Are these repatriate cards only referring to a deportation or do I have a
hope to find other notes somewhere else?

Regards

Mauricio