[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Eisbrenner / Mielke in Volhynia 1890's

Helen Lallo helen_lallo at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 3 14:59:04 PDT 2013

In April I contacted this list for help and am happy to say that I was able to get a few more pieces of the puzzle on my great grandparents.   THANK YOU! I do plan to hire referred overseas researchers early next year.

But I have ONE MORE QUESTION ABOUT A CITY NAME.  Now that I have the ship manifests for both of my great grandparents, I found that my ggfather August was traveling with Gottlieb John and Paulina
Steinke Weiss family who settled in Manitoba.  They show up in the FELIX KUEHN INDEX CARDS and many of their births are mentioned as being in
Jalowitz, Russia which is the same as what we were told about August.  I have no idea where Jalowitz, Russia that these Gretna and Friedensthal Manitoba immigrants referred to.  Any ideas?

                    RECAP ON MY GREAT GRANDPARENTS:
AUGUST EISBRENER  Born 26 Feb 1865 in Poland / Death 30 May 1941 Bathgate,North Dakota
Sggee researcher provided:  August Eisbrenner born 12 Feb 1865 in Przedworszczyzna, Konin,
Wielkopolskie, Poland.  That date is 14 days before you date which could be a perfect for changing the date from Julian to Gregorian calenders.

JOSEPHINE (JUSTINE) MIELKE confirmed through death certificate as daughter of Samuel Milke/Mielke.   Birth 10 March 1871 in ?, Poland and Death 3 July 1933 in Bathgate, North Dakota.  Josephine had a sister Anna who married Julius Kelm in Volhynia and family stayed in Europe.Another Sggee researcher provided me with the ship manifest for immigration to Quebec.

JULIUS EISBRENER - their oldest son was born in Rivne, Volhynia in 1895 per his WW1 draft card.

THANK YOU again for your expertise
Helen Lallo -San Jose, California