[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Search for Florentina Schmidt Bleich Bach

b wagner bybarb at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 12 21:38:04 PDT 2013

Florentina Schmidt b. 12  Sep 1865, Dorofejwka, Volhynia; married Karl Bleich 30 Aug 1881, Shitomir, Volhynia.  Arrived Quebec, 21 Aug 1907 with Carl Bach and children Lydia, Hilda, Rudolf and Maria (assumed they changed their name to Bach).  However on the 1916 Canadian census they were living in Edmonton (as in 1911 census) but the children are listed as step children to Carl Bach with their last name of Bleich.  The 1920 US Census shows them in Tacoma, WA with no children listed.  However the 1916 Canadian census shows Lydia Bleich married to George Douglass living in Ponoka, Alberta with two children, Durward and Arthur.  I have Border Crossings during this time for Carl, Florentine and Rudolf into Montana where Florentine's brother was living at the time.  The mystery is, according to the one surviving family member that knew Florentine and Carl said, they didn't have any children to his knowledge (but he is 100).  Both Carl and Florentina died in Washington State. I would like to discover what happened to these children to be able to complete Florentina's ancestry.  Any suggestions as to where to look would be greatly appreciated; I am not familiar with Canadian websites to complete my search.

Thanks, Barbara Wagner