[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] 1921 Canadian Census

Loretta Houben dragonfly3 at telus.net
Wed Aug 14 08:08:16 PDT 2013

The very day it was released, I went to Ancestry.ca and in 20 minutes I
found my paternal grandparents, thanks to a 1920 Canadian income tax form I
had with the number of the homestead and the township number listed or I
would have been lost. I was thrilled to find them as we didn't know the
first name of my grandpa's first wife! We only knew her nickname. Now I wish
I could find things so easily for my maternal grandparents and their
parents; the elusive Gusa/Brutke/Frank/Hein side of the family!

I belong to the British Columbia Genealogy Society, and found out that for
now, the 1921 Canadian census is available for free at Ancestry.ca for
Canadians only. At least, that's what I heard yesterday. The census is
nearly fully indexed and that information will be shown in the near future.
And it is free for use at your local library if they have a license.

Loretta
House of Houben
The Bleu Manoir