[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Nurenberg, Charles/Sophie Shumacher

Sigrid Pohl Perry perry1121 at aol.com
Sun Aug 18 17:14:57 PDT 2013

Lynda,

You'll need to narrow down your location search. At this historical time
frame, they could be from the areas we now consider Germany or from the
areas which were then Prussia or Pommerania but are now located in
Poland. If you are having trouble finding their ship manifest, then try
to find that of some related relatives or some clues in the census
records. Look in several early census records. Do they consider
themselves Germans from Poland? from Russia or always from Germany? A
ship manifest of this time usually provides both the name and residence
of someone left behind or the last town in which they resided; it often
provides the name, relationship, and address of someone to whom they are
traveling. All these provide clues to their origin.

Good luck.
Sigrid Pohl Perry