[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Marianufka -- Location Name?

paula-jean at comcast.net paula-jean at comcast.net
Mon Aug 26 21:06:50 PDT 2013

The woman who made my grandmother's wedding dress is listed as having been born in Marianufka, Russia -- Feb 24, 1891.  Her name is Pauline Altmann.  I find 3 listings of Marianufka in the Rowno Parish History.  What I don't know, is that a name of a parish, a location, what?  I see other things listed with "ufka" at the end that sort of look like names -- Adamufka, Alexandrufka for instance.

My grandparents were married near Chelm, Poland.

Pauline married Walter Kloock in Germany (Isle of Rugen) and moved to Kalispell, Montana in the early 1920s.

The family was/is Lutheran.

Thanks for any help.

Paula J. Meiers

Tacoma, Washington