[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Germans in Wisconsin website

Helen Gillespie gilleh23 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 05:45:58 PST 2013

I have no connections to Wisconsin as far as I know - but thought this site
would be interest to those who do.

There's a blogspot/website through the U. of Wisconsin that deals with
German immigration.

 http://maxkade.blogspot.ca/

Near the bottom is a link to a 1940 map showing German ethnicity in the
state.
And a great illustration of immigration to the US between 1820 and 1985
under Graphic Representation of Germans in America

Some great other blogs - some humorous ones too.

Interesting link to German dialicts in the US - might help some folks sort
theirs out.....

However I had a problem with some of the other links - but did find the
updated ones:

http://mki.wisc.edu/   The Max Kade Institute for German-American Studies
at UWisconsin   - there's a genealogy link

http://csumc.wisc.edu/  the Centre for the Study of Upper Midwestern
Culture
Also at UWisconsin which has some German material - music.  It's not clear
whether some of this Germans from Russia are from Black Sea or Wolhynia
-and some are from Switzerland -  but browsing might get some interesting
background info. I had fun browsing the German-Wisconsin bread virtual
exhibition.   Not much genealogy, but there is the cultural aspect to round
out your research.

Helen Gillespie