[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Frauenfeld family

Conrad Grams c_grams at telus.net
Thu Dec 26 16:39:15 PST 2013

I’m struggling to find records for my Frauenfeld family. Can anyone point me in the right direction or have any knowledge of this family?

So far, I have a record of Adam Frauenfeldfrom the SGGEE   VKP records, as well as the microfilm record.

I have amassed a great deal of census info after they arrive in Canada ( 1897)     Canada census’1901 to 1921

I have a copy of The South Edmonton Saga with the Frauenfeld story in it. This also has birth dates and locations. The birth villages for Paul Frauenfeld and his wife Lousie ( Lentz)
seem to be phonetically spelled    Todrow, Gombin, Warschau, Poland   and   Kocherna, Novjevirsch, Kostnin, Poland   . I’m assuming these are Gostynin and Gabin.  So far, I haven’t found anything on microfilm
and have expanded my search by +/- 5 years and still no luck.  Birth years for both are 1859, well within range of both parishes coming into existence.

I also have a church record of the family joining the Bruederfeld Moravian churchin 1898      They were formerly Lutheran

Last but not least, I have a ship’s passenger list of them coming to Canada ( the family name was badly mangled)

Would searching Catholic church records be the next place to look and if so, which parishes should I try – how do I access them?     Thanks