[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] More online material coming from Polish Archives

Jerry Frank franklyspeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 6 18:25:57 PST 2013

Our member, Jan Textor just advised me that Archives in Poland are getting very aggressive with making scans of records available online.  Over the past couple of years we have advised you of their progress, and those that are available now are listed on our Russian Poland parishes page

https://www.sggee.org/research/parishes/church_parishes/LutheransInRusPoland.html

Now they have announced that in March and June of this year they plan to release another 2.3 million records !!! for online viewing.  The list of parishes to be included is 34 pages long and includes approximately 1200 fonds (church books).  Over 100 of those are Lutheran where most of the Germans registered.  And of those, about 30 are from Russian Poland, our primary region of interest.  Only one of the 1200 is Baptist.

Specific parishes that will be coming are - Suwalki, Kalisz, Prazuchy, Sobiesenki, Stawiszyn, Dabie, Grodziec, Kolo, Konin, Przedecz, Sompolno, Turek, Wladyslawow, Zagarow, Zychlin, Belchatow, Kamocinie, Zelowie (Reformed), Kleszczowie, Pożdżenicach, Dzbankach (Baptist) (last 6 in Piotrkow Trybunalski).

We will do our best to keep the above page updated as new information becomes available.

If you can read Polish or can translate it, the announcement is available at http://nac.gov.pl/  (left column, top item)

Jerry Frank