[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fiedlers from Polonka

Keith Trott trottkg at telus.net
Thu Feb 7 10:06:23 PST 2013

I have received some information about a relative, Pauline Fiedler from the
EWZ files.

The information comes from EWZ 52, NARA Microfilm G059 for Heinrich Zims,
V.28064  51814/P.

Heinrich married Florentine Kretschmann (b 1895 in Midzk, Wolhynien).
Florentine's parents were August Kretschmann and Pauline Fiedler.  The birth
dates for Pauline vary because she died of mushroom poisoning in 1908 in
Mitzk, Volhynia.  Her dates of birth were anecdotal information from her
children who were quite young at the time of her death and were 1859, 1864
and 1867.  The EWZ file shows that Pauline was born in Polonka.  All names
in this particular EWZ file are followed by "ev." which stands for
Evangelical Lutheran.

So, my question is twofold.  First, which Polonka is being referenced in
this record?  I have found four Polonkas in today's Poland and two in the
Czech Republic.  Secondly, what parish records should I consider researching
to find her records?

Thanks in advance.