[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wieliczka salt mine

Jerry Frank franklyspeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 9 17:07:35 PST 2013

The salt mine still exists as a tourist attraction but it stopped commercial production, I think, in the 1990s.  It is very near to Krakow (south of it) and about an hour's drive from Oswieciem (Auschwitz) to the west.  We visited both in the same day last year.  Both are well worth the visit.  The salt mine is beautiful and inspiring.  Auschwitz is very interesting historically but also depressing emotionally.

Neither is located in former Russian Poland but it is not far to get there from anywhere else in Poland.

Jerry