[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Gruenberg, Lodzkiego, Poland

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Wed Feb 20 14:57:09 PST 2013

    You are probably referring to Gruenwald formerly in the extreme north of Lower Silesia.  It is now called Zielona Gora, Lodzkiego Poland at 51.9333N and 15.5000E.
There are considerable LDS films available of civil records and Catholic church records with many Evangelical entries included for Gruenberg (Zielona Gora).  So far I have only found 2 LDS films of strictly Evangelical records.
    Now the bad news...... in the dozens of films available for that area, there are none covering births for 1795. Information I have received from Poland does not indicate birth records for 1795 are available in any of the state archives either.

Good luck!
John Marsch

    Dear Listers

I just found that my GG Grand Father Georg Bettger was born in Gruenberg, Lodzkiego, Poland in 1795.  Can anyone tell me where this is and are there Evangelic (Lutheran) church records for that city available on line?

Best Regards
John Leon Bettger
email address  ceo at ametric.com<mailto:ceo at ametric.com>

Researching Waterloo South Russia (Stavki Ukraine) Odessa (city) South Russia (Odessa Ukraine) at 67 Ekaterininskaya Square (at the top of Potemkin Steps) Slowik (near Lodz) Koenigreich Poland/South Prussia, Gruenstadt Bavaria (Worms Germany), Westlau Germany,  Neubrandenburg, Mecklenburg-Strelitz Prussia/Germany

NAMES: Bettger, Boettcher, Huhn, Schindler, Heuter

Ger-Poland-Volhynia site list
Ger-Poland-Volhynia at sggee.org