[Mailman Site List] Changes to SGGEE website and Mailing List

Jerry Frank franklyspeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 15 06:00:25 PST 2013

Our website and Mailing List have been transported to a new server. Our existing server was getting very old and may have crashed at any moment so it was imperative to install a new one. We have done extensive testing on the new server and believe that the transfer will be seamless and that everything will continue to work correctly. You probably will not notice any change. If you do find a broken link or a problem of any kind, please send a note about it to webmaster at sggee.org and we will try to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Most of the site will appear at it always has but we have also used this opportunity to enhance some pages, especially in the search areas. For example, our search results pages will now have, along the bottom, the opportunity to jump ahead to other pages if you get a long string of results. Also, when you log in to the Members Only area, you will find a direct link to recover a lost password rather than having to go to our Membership Page to get it.

We are also, as usual, encountering problems with Explorer and using it to access the Members Only area.  Microsoft holds itself above the rest of the Internet community by not complying with International Standards.  Most other browsers work just fine.  We are working to resolve the issue with Microsoft.

Jerry Frank
Assistant Webmaster