[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] AGAD.gov

Albert Muth albertmuth734 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 13:28:50 PDT 2013

Yes, you really do have to scroll through all the marriages.  It differs
little from using a microfilm.

The VKP index is relevant only in providing a date of marriage.  The index
for 1862-1885 was for the stpete records; what you are looking at with
these online Rożyszcze records are the original records.  These are not
indexed, except 1886-1899 for births, till 1895 for marriages, etc.
I know for certain that the marriage record numbers almost never
correspond to what is in the VKP index.

the record that you want is #19 on
http://agadd.home.net.pl/metrykalia/439/sygn.%2040/pages/PL_1_439_40_0030.htm

The beauty of these marriage records is that they record the birthplace and
names of parents (sometimes, merely the father) of single people.
Schaedler was born in Olganówka; his bride Juliane Schlicht was
born in the "city of Osorkow, gouv. Warschau".
Her parents are named as Friedrich and Caroline.

Since I have worked on Ozorków Lutheran marriages, I can tell
you that these are Friedrich Wilhelm Schlicht and Caroline Hensel.
and you may now find their marriage at
http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&zs=1611d&sy=1842&kt=2&plik=13-14.jpg(record
#14, on the right).

Ozorków records at this site are available for 1839-1910; so far, they lack
the
first dozen years that you can see on LDS microfilm, but there are some
35 years more at the later end than have previously been available.
Depending on when your families arrived in Ozorków (if schlicht/hensel is
one
of the lines you are pursuing, you may also need to consider the earlier
Catholic records)

Al Muth
Michigan