[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] EWZ files

Randy Svenson randy_svenson at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 24 08:10:39 PDT 2013

Good afternoon,

I have ordered and viewed various microfilms from the E/G Kartei EWZ 57 files at the local LDS Family History Center.  I have more than a few names of interest that I would like to search more into.  I am interested into searching these names in the EWZ Stammblatter files.  The families were large, with given names used over and over.  Thus making relationships difficult to organize.

My questions are how to properly cross reference the EWZ 57 cards to the microfilms corresponding to the EWZ Stammblatter.
1.  Is the 6 digit number in the upper left hand corner of the EWZ 57 card the proper number to use for referencing the Stammblatter microfilm?
2.  There is a 6 digit (5 numbers followed by a letter) reference handwritten in roughly the center a many of the EWZ 57 cards.  What is this for?  Is it a immigration acceptance number?  Is this a traceable reference, if so through where or whom?

Randy Svenson

Searching: Pohl, Paetsch, Nixdorf.