[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Born in Toptscha 1903

Frank Stewner dr.stewner at t-online.de
Sun Jul 28 13:46:57 PDT 2013

The records of someone born in Toptscha 1903 are found in the Rivne (Rowno)
archive.

They were recorded in the churchbooks of Tutschin (Tuczyn).

More is found on http://wolhynien.de/records/Tutschin.htm

Recently a friend of mine discovered the birth record of a younger brother
of my father there.

This Robert Stewner was born 4 Dec 1913 in Kolowert, which is near to
Toptscha. I know of him through the diary of my father as he died during
"Umsiedlung" = resettlement on 10. Feb 1915 to Siberia in Samara.

The record is written in Cyrillic letters as at that time Volhynia was part
of the Russian Empire.

I know that that record was found by chance and that the copy costed 7 Euro.

I do not know if there is an index in the archive. And I do not know how to
undertake searches there by a local.

I will find out during my visit in Linstow in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, where
the festivity of the volhynian museum takes place every September and
persons from Rivne are normally attending.

Greetings from Hamburg

Frank Stewner