[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Searching Volhynian Birth from 1901

Earl Schultz Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net
Tue Jul 30 12:56:04 PDT 2013

My experience from the Rypin and Michalki parishes has been that some births are recorded late but some are also recorded a second time.  For example, my uncle was born in the US and baptised there.  When the family returned to Poland, his baptism was re-recorded.  In some of these records it does say that the child was baptised elsewhere so it may in fact not be another baptism but just a recording of it in a new parish.  In the early 1900s there are lots of these re-recording of baptisms.

Earl

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 19:58:55 +1200
From: Mauricio Norenberg <mauricio.norenberg at gmail.com>

George, Dick, G?nther and all

I did at least one full round on 1901's records for Luck. But running through there I could see births from previous decades. I believe these are late registries, correct me if I'm wrong.

This would mean I'm better search later years as well.

Regards