[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] St Petersburg records for twins, Quads; Familie Bregnet / Breguet

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Thu Jun 13 08:56:55 PDT 2013

    On occasion, for what ever reason,Volhynian Germans were sometimes christened a considerable time after their birth date according to several Heimtal birth records that I have examined recently, but more often their christening date appeared to be recorded as much as several years after the event and sometimes peculiar to a family group.  It would indeed be interesting to know the circumstances surrounding such a situation.
     I feel Ken's hypothesis has merit.

John Marsch

  It very well may be that the four little quads were christened on Christmas Eve - but they were born only two years after the twins, so they could not have been born in different years.

  I was born a month too soon, so I spent two months in a big black incubator before I went home.   Weighed 4 3/4 lbs.  Not tiny by today's standards, but it was then.  That was in St. Louis County, MO, USA.  Hah - maybe THAT'S why I'm so claustrophobic!

  Maureen in Southern California fire season