[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Roehlich/Busse Family

Linda Bowen lindakbowen at cox.net
Thu Jun 20 10:23:56 PDT 2013

I have more information on this because I am  a 3-4th cousin Autosomal
DNA match ( on ancestry.co) with 98% certainty to the aunt of the person
who posted this.
We are waiting for the results of DNA on Marie's 80 year old daughter to
confirm this is where  the DNA match is.

According to the aunt of this poster ( my 3-4th cousin match) the
families were neighbors.

The birth family was very poor and when the mother later died in
childbirth the father was left with all these children and had no way to
take care of all of them. So he kept the older ones who could work and
let the others be adopted.
  He knew the Roelichs were going to the States and so he thought they
would have a better life with them. Marie was born in Zdolbunow
The birth name they have written down is Witt.
However something about this adoption has never rung true with me.

I have found names in my family tree connected to the name Roelich. For
example, Peter's father Ignatz was married to a Mielke.
Meilke is the name of my great great grandmother.
And then as if this isn't interesting enough, yesterday I had a new DNA
match contact me from another site where I'd uploaded my raw data
and he has almost no information   on a maternal grandmother except that
her name was Melitta/ Lydia Schultz and her parents were Michael
Schultz and Anna Gust. She was born in Mydzk.
Seems like a lot of  strange coincidences to me.