[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location of parishes

Paul Rakow paul.edward.luther.rakow at desy.de
Fri Jun 28 12:00:17 PDT 2013

   Hello Again Betty,

        I had a look in a couple of Polish Gazeteers, that's often
  an easier way to find places than searching a map. (Al suggested
  this too).

       I thought there would be lots of Jozefins, but there are
  only a handful  - one looks possible. It's a tiny place, just
  North of Warsaw (across the river); in 1827 there were 3 houses,
  with a population of 24.

      That Jozefin was part of the Catholic parish of Tarchomin,
  and there are some Tarchomin scans online at
  http://www.szukajwarchiwach.pl
  as well as microfilm from the LDS.

       You can see Tarchomin and Jozefin on the Gilly map on the
  SGGEE site, map DII, square D3 .

       But Jozefin also so close to Warsaw that your people might
  have their records in the Protestant church.

       How did you find that your family was from Jozefin, near Warsaw?

               Paul Rakow