[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lanienta families

Christian Lucht christianlucht at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 9 13:03:30 PST 2013

Sigrid,
You are right. Most of the families I´m refering to are orginated in the
Chodecz area and I am not tracing some members who might have immigrated to
Volhynia. Therefore, no, I don´t want to "reconstruct" those villages in
the aspect of the "Umsiedlung" in 1939-45. I never even thought about this,
assuming the families always have lived there. So, thanks for pointing this
to me! I have to reassure this for some of the families though. If the
"Umsiedlung" does affect "my" villages, than only in minor ways, as most of
the residents were descendants of the originally foundes in either lates
1790´s or early 1800´s and have lived there for several generations already.
My goal is to preserve the history of what happened in January 1945 until
everyone of the original residents were either dead or spread all over the
world. I know, chances are low to recostruct each and every one of the
families fates, and that most likely this idea comes one generation to
late. But, I have had the privilage to get light into my own family
history, writing down the memories of family members. And of course they
have talked a lot about relatives, neighbours and friends they have lived
with. So, the question came to my mind: What happened to them? As we´ve
never heard form most of them again... This is the task.
I already have a hand written map of where the residents have lived. But I
don´t know the actual size and borders of their land except our own. Also I
have done a trip in 2011 to get an idea myself on how everything looked
like and where everyone had lived. As we just read in other posts on this
list, records of vital statistics are getting avaiable now, but
unfortunately land records are still locked up.
Curently I am writing everything down I know about the former residents.
Later on the gaps can be filled with names and dates from church records
etc. This may be done by others though as I don´t think I will get that far
in my remaining lifetime...
I am very open and thankful for advice on this project!
Christian