[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Help

dthoms at sasktel.net dthoms at sasktel.net
Wed Mar 13 16:21:21 PDT 2013

 Hello
I was wondering if anyone could give me a little help in trying to find  some information for Teresa Giza Pas from South America. She is looking  for information on her Schmidt family. She is most wondering how her  family moved from the Ukraine to China.
The following is what she has sent to me.
She also sent some German documents to me of Johann Schmidt’s  confirmation and Christisa ? (her grandmother)Thanks to anyone who can  help her out.
Debbie·

My Schmidt genealogy is this:
I would like to know how did they go from Volínien, north Ukraine to  the other side, there are more than 8.000 km far. Did they take the  Transiberian railway? My mother´s family weren´t exiled. They , in 1929  ran away from the Stalin comunism and among a lot of other families  could reach the border of the north of China, Heilongjiang Province,  stayed for 3 years in a village called HIMAN, HUMAN, nowdays the name  was changed for Dalnerechensk but Chinese people still say the same  name.
More than 300 or more families were helped to reach Harbin, from there, came to Brazil in 1932 in a ship called LIPARI.
Johann and Cristina Schmidt, my greatgrandparents went from Germany (  south) to Ukraine at the time of Catberine II from Russia.
Their children were :
1 = Adolf
2 = Albert - my mother´s father ( my grandfather), still dead too.
3 - Reinhard = Paul´s father. He and his family went from China to  Canada at the same time mine to Brazil. Even my grandfather rent him  some money to travel.
4 = Gustav - Petra´s grandfather. Stayed in Russia. Later his children travelled to Germany. Helmut and Elvira.
5 = Rudolf - stayed in Russia, had a big family and couldn´t go out of the country.
6 = Emil - stayed there too7 = Herta = married to a russian man and  stayed there too8 = Gottfried - came to Brazil in 1934, and only many  years later found his brother Albert.
My family came to Rio de Janeiro on the ship Lipari.
I have personally been there and got the names of all who were in the  ship. This list contained the names of my maternal grandparents and the  children came together. The ship arrived on June 12, 1932.
Came together :Albert Schmidt – 34 years old - father
Olga Runge Schmidt – 31 years old – wife
Erna Schmidt – 9 years old – daughter = my mother
Erhard – 7 years old - son
Ewald – 4 years old – son
Adolf – 21 years old - Albert´s brother – Ella´s father who gave the  more information about our family genealogy. Number of the family in  this ship : 73. The document I paid and came stamped by the National  Archives.
Johanes (Johann) Schmidt ( meu bisavô materno )
Christina Schmidt ( minha bisavó materna ) ( Christine ? )
1 - Adolf - born in 1911
2 - Albert - Born in 8 – 2 – 1898 – Kremianka Volhynien
3 - Reinhard – went from Harbin, China till Alberta Canada in 1932 ?
4 - Gustav – Petra´s granfather. Stayed in Russia.
5 - Rudolf - Stayed in Russia.
6 - Emil - Had a big family and had to stay in Russia.
7 - Herta - stayed in Russia
8 - Gottfried – His family came to Brazil in 1934.