[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Retz and Emke families

Anne og Jørgen anneogjorgen at mail.dk
Mon Mar 18 11:35:53 PDT 2013

Hello list members

I'm searching for information about the Retz family from Faustindorf/Faustinow in Volhynia and the Emke family from Niezpodzianka in Volhynia.

My wife's grandfather was Reinhold Retz, born 1894 probably in Faustinow - parents Gottlieb Retz and Louise Wollmann. Louse born in 1868.

My wife's grandmother was Olga Emke, born 1901 in Niezpodzianka - parents name probably Wilhelm and Ernestina. Olga's brother Friederich probably emigrated to US around 1920.

Both families were baptists so I haven't found the families in birth records from volhynian parishes.

Olga and Reinhold ended up in Denmark, southern part of Jutland.

Best regards, Jørgen Jensen, Denmark