[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Iłów records. Łowicz too

Albert Muth albertmuth734 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 17:34:23 PDT 2013

I was checking out SGGEE's list of Lutheran records in Poland at
https://www.sggee.org/research/parishes/church_parishes/LutheransInRusPoland.html
and found a set of records or two or three that even I did not know about.
I must be slacking.  Maintaining this page is turning into a gargantuan
task, so many thanks to the webmaster for staying on top of things.

The records I want to comment about are those for the Lutheran parish of
Iłów.  In the
19th century, as filmed by LDS, the records are sporadic in coverage.  Now,
all of a
sudden, I now see at http://metryki.genbaza.com/genbaza,list,40566,1
for Births 1834-1896, Marriages 1847-1906 and Deaths 1870-1898. Iłów
records
are housed in the filial archive of Grodzisk.

Genbaza is separate from the ZoSIA project of the state archives that I
have been writing about.
One wonders how the two will eventually fit together.  No explanations
anywhere.
For a map and list of coverage, see http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/

Meanwhile, for the adjacent parish of Łowicz, we now have births 1865-1874,
marriages 1856-1874, deaths 1860-1874.  See
http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryki.php?op=kt&ar=3&zs=1573d&sy=101
The records for the previous period were not filmed, but SGGEE was
fortunate
enough to have access to copies of the originals.

All of these records are for Russian Poland only, not Volhynia.

Al