[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village of Radzymin Poland

Albert Muth albertmuth734 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 14:18:47 PDT 2013

Records in Russian Poland are not organized by village; one needs to know
the
parish.  The village Radzymin NW of Warsaw is at 52°34' N 20°22' E
<http://data.jewishgen.org/maps/mapdist8.asp?lat=52.5636&long=20.3684>
The closest Lutheran parish was Płońsk , 3.7 miles or 6 km to the North.

there is also a parish at Płock (sometimes spelled Plotzk in German
records),
but this is some 63 miles West of this Radzymin.  VERY easy to mix up;
it is also the name of a gubernia by this name. (Płońsk is in Warsaw
gubernia)

I checked birth indices for Płońsk on film 1191931 from 1864-1873 (it's what
I happen to have), and the surname Brade is completely unknown there.

It is generally safe to assume that birth records in Russian Poland after
1868
are NOT indexed, since they are in the Russian language.  I can think of a
few
exceptions, but they are sporadic.

Keep in mind that the manner of keeping records between Volhynia and
Russian Poland is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT and so is the way one
researches.

In Volhynia, Lutheran records are all in a single place and are completely
indexed.
Easy-peasy--they were in German too!  Dead end for most in 1885.
Sporadically later, elsewhere.  Baptist records? non-existent

In Russian Poland, NOTHING is centralized.  There are well over 70 different
Lutheran parishes for which we have records, and at least a dozen major
parishes that we know sent people to Volhynia that have not yet been
filmed,
digitized, or that we even know about.  Records are ALWAYS in Polish, and
after 1868, EVERYTHING is in Russian (remembering that the Cyrillic
handwriting is pre-Russian Revolution.

I have never looked at Nowy Dwór parish, so cannot help you there.

Wilhelm Robert Brade born 1871 was naturalized in 1920 in Muscatine County,
Iowa district court.
You need to obtain a copy of the declaration of intent to become a citizen.
This might name the
specific village of birth.  I think this is a must have record.