[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bergaciai and Sudargen, Lithuania

lois bolnick loisarlene2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 15:25:30 PDT 2013

Hi, Cathy,  You are the first person that I have found in all my research with family from these villages.
Unfortunately, I have not found any more records except these birth indexes.  Hope you can learn more and share with me.

I obtained the two films from the Mormons.  I went to the Family History Center near to where I was living and filed out a form and paid a small fee and ordered the 2 films.  The FHC called me when the films came in.  I went to the FHC and looked at the films on their machines.  They are in German but easy to pick out the surnames you are looking for.  You can copy the films there also.  Since these films are for 1843-1886, you should find your relatives, I believe.

Title of Film: Kirchenbuch, 1843-1886
Authors: Evangelische Kirche Sudargen (Suwalki) (Main Author)

Go to the Family History Library catalog and look for these films:
Tauf-Index 1843-1886 (l.s.) - FHL INTL Film {1945745 Item 9}   l.s. means left side
Tauf-Index 1843-1886 (r.s.) - FHL INTL Film {1945746 Item 5}   r.s. means right side

I obtained my records 6 years ago so hope this is still the way to get these films.  In any event, if possible, go to your nearest Family History Center and they will help you.  Lois