[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Rovno repatriate cards?

Helen Gillespie hgillespie at rogers.com
Sun May 5 19:46:09 PDT 2013

Although I have had no occasion to research this myself, I understand that persons moving to an area in Germany must register  - Einwohnermeldeamt - usually at the town hall. It's called Meldepflicht and  basically one registers moving into and out of the area where one lives.  http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meldepflicht. 

Perhaps if you knew the location they lived you could obtain information on their arrival and departure from the local town hall.  I don't know if there is a cost - but likely.



The wise man must remember that while he is a descendant of the past, he is a parent of the future.
--Herbert Spencer

 From: Paul Rakow <paul.edward.luther.rakow at desy.de>
To: Mauricio Norenberg <mauricio.norenberg at gmail.com> 
Cc: ger-poland-volhynia at sggee.org 
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:08:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Rovno repatriate cards?

  Sorry Mauricio,

      I can't help much - I haven't seen any of these repatriation
  documents myself - I only know about them from the article by
  Oliver Guenther which you found at


    He found this certificate by finding it as part of the file about
  his family being given German citizenship, which he found in the
  Brandenburg archives. I think it would be hard to find a citizenship
  file without knowing which province in Germany the family lived in,
  and roughly when they were naturalised.

           Paul Rakow

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013, Mauricio
 Norenberg wrote:

> That's why I so want to try to find things like this.
> Are these repatriate cards only referring to a deportation or do I have a
> hope to find other notes somewhere else?
> Regards
> Mauricio
Ger-Poland-Volhynia site list
Ger-Poland-Volhynia at sggee.org

More information about the Ger-Poland-Volhynia mailing list