[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Children Without Fathers

B Hirsekorn tggrtime at yahoo.ca
Wed May 15 10:27:21 PDT 2013

In looking at church records from the Lodz area (1860-1865),
I noticed a number of births with no mention of a father only the mother was listed.
In checking the history of Poland, found that 1863 was the year of the January
Uprising and in 1864 the country was under Russian rule.

If a married couple has a child and the father dies before
the child is born is the father not listed in the church record? (Note: I cannot
read Polish.)

If the fathers were Polish men (unmarried) who fought and
died fighting the Russians would they not be listed?

Or, were the children the result of rape by Russian soldiers
and, therefore, no father listed?

Betty Hirsekorn