[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ratz Family - City/Province of Origin?

Robin alphaf1 at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 18:08:54 PDT 2013

Hello,

My Great-Great-Grandfather, Joseph Ratz, and his family were Germans who, according to the passenger list, were subjects of Russia. However, I am having trouble reading the names of the city and province from whence they came. It looks like they came from a city named Brzezie, in the province of Sherlitz. ???

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I am open to suggestions. Thank you!!

Robin Prigge