[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ratz Family - City/Province of Origin?

Robin alphaf1 at yahoo.com
Fri May 17 19:03:19 PDT 2013

Beth,

Thank you for putting together the information from Oconto County. That is my Ratz family. I have a pretty good handle on Joseph and Anna Ratz's immediate family once they settled in the Gillett area. I still have a lot of family there and I grew up in Green Bay, about 45 minutes south. What I (or any other family members that I have spoken to) lack is knowledge about their lives before they arrived in the United States. Even my great-uncle, Natalie Ratz's last surviving child, does not have any information about either of his parents, both of whom originated from "Russia Poland." He turns 88 in November and it sure would be nice to be able to fill in some of those blanks for him.

Robin

P.S. Kudos to Oconto County for having such an informative Genealogy website!