[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] letter oct. 30 1929

heinz rode heinz_rode at telus.net
Fri May 31 13:23:12 PDT 2013

From: Nadia Anderson
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:43 PM
To: Christopher Menke
Cc: heinz rode ; ger-poland-volhynia at sggee.org
Subject: Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] letter oct. 30 1929

Thank you so much Heinz! I am so impressed that you were able to translate this letter from my great-grandmother, especially because the script seemed completely indecipherable to me! Everything you have translated makes complete sense: she is writing to her son Ernst Hehn and referring to her son-in-law Oscar Cilz who had also immigrated to North Dakota.

I only have two questions:

1) My great-grandmother's name was Josefina Hehn (nea Lang), but she signs this letter "your Mother Adelöb Wohl." Is Adelöb Wohl a name or could it mean something else as well?
2) Does she actually say "here a blood sign?"

  Hi Nadia,

  1.) thanks to Günter Böhm for figuring it out
  2.) I regret making that statement, actually I cannot read those  six letters, sorry

  Heinz