[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] letter oct. 30 1929

Tovarek-Brandt at t-online.de Tovarek-Brandt at t-online.de
Fri May 31 14:04:42 PDT 2013

Hello together!

"Adelöb Wohl!", isn't a simple name. I'm sure, it means in a very
difficult and heavy poor part of live:

Ade = Good bye (without a realistic hope of seeing together later; it's
more a Kind of german slang ib the Southern oarts of germeny in
Baden-Württenber and the Pfalz as a part of Rheinland-Pfalz. It stilk
exist till today as slang "Ade!" or more slang ib a sweeter form as
"Adele!". ... what also us a Name of girls ib Germany.

... "Löb Wohl" is something more than "Leb wohl!"  The correct
tanslation might be "... have a good live...", "... live well..." or as
the best modern translation "fare well..."!

I'll hope, I coukd help you a little bit and excuse my school english
please. I've learned it round about fourty years ago and I havn't the
Chance to oractisise it!

With kind regards fron Mecklenburg/Germany!

Jürgen Brandt

(Brandt/Neuman/Stelzer in Antonowka, Michailowka, Josefin and Gregerowka
near Lusk/Lück and Maslaki/Konin/Middle-Poland)