[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] my trip to Poznan and Volhynia

Linda Bowen lindakbowen at cox.net
Sun Nov 3 17:51:21 PST 2013

"Paul,
   I received these records in 2000. I was hoping all the information
would be on the archived message board because I posted
about it in 2000.   But, it seems they only go back to 2001.

I wrote to the archives in Piotrkow Trybunalski asking for marriage records.
They didn't have any for the years I asked for but they offered me
"civil records"

This is part of the letter I received which explains the  records.

iwould like to inform you that is doesn't
have in it's collections any church records for the
Evangelical-Augsburgian parish in Piotrkow for the years 1856-1857.
The church books we have are for the period 1879-1897.
We would also like to inform you that in the civil records of the
village Meszcze, community Uszcyn for the years
1845-1931 we found entries  regarding Johann Koss and his father,
brother and direct descendents (14 pages)"

The records included  religion,   means of support , military history ,
place of birth and where they were
before they were in Meszcze (Golina). It did show some members of the
family after they moved to Volhynia
It also include the parents of the spouses.   For example  My great
grandfather Johan Koss
married Wilhelmine Grunwald.  It gave her parents.

I was able to go back another generation   with these records. Also
learned of another sibling for my great grandfather.

However :)  I'm still certain the family had to have more than 3
children.   12 or more is what I expect
to find.