[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village in Plock

Jerry Frank franklyspeaking at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 8 19:33:12 PST 2013

Joyce,

Olszyny (aka Budy Olszyny) is a location that I have never been able to identify on a map.  If you check our gazetteer, you will also see the note that it has not been found.  We simply know that it was within a cluster of German settlements stretching along the Wisla River in the general region of Piaski.  It was also known by the Germanic name, Ellernbach.

In the time frame you are referring to, it would have been in Ilow Parish which has good records going back into the late 1700s.

Jerry