[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] US Military Draft question

Cathy Walters walters.cathy at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 14:09:31 PST 2013

Hi Randy,

Yes they tended to have one where if married, children or care of elderly parent hardship & dependence on you for there well fare- some married to avoid draft , also one of them was called old mans draft registry cards- those of foreign birth-guess a way to keep tabs on Germans and others .

  My two uncles 1st generation born Americans were sent to fight Germans-European Theatre instead of Pacific Theatre like most of German  descent who fought in WWII  would be send.  Maybe it was our last name or grandpa's clean record ?  3rd son stayed stateside in army- my grands window had 3 stars on window & door, the reason you may thought-1 son sent to war is because a family in Iowa? Ferguson or the fighting Fitzgeralds? had all their sons on a Navy ship in WWI which was sunk & all was killed that day-leaving family without any sons.  My memory is fading, getting scary !   Cathy in Elgin, Minnesota

  ALWAYS A ROSE