[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Der Nordwesten - German newspaper

Helen Gillespie gilleh23 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 16:34:40 PST 2013

John et al,

Library and Archives Canada does have a copy of this newspaper from 1889 to
1959 -then it changed title to Kanada Kourier and was published in various
locations, I think. Not sure about this.  Unfortunateiy it is not digitized
and LAC does no ILL now.

However Manitoba Legislative Library does have copies from 1897 to 1959 and
it appears they do loan it.

The AMICUS catalogue at LAC has a full catalogue that does give locations
of material  in research libraries - mostly universities.

http://amicus.collectionscanada.ca/aaweb-bin/aamain/basic_search?sessionKey=1385855711052_142_78_200_14&l=0

Choose Entire Catalogue to search for the title and then  locations once
your title comes up.

Alberta Heritage Society is digitizing old AB newspapers - but not this
one. Lots of others though.
http://www.ourfutureourpast.ca/newspapr/

Manitoba is doing the same http://manitobia.ca/content/en/newspaperslist

Last year I wrote and asked the Manitoba group if they were planning to
digitize Der Nordwesten, but there was a funding issue and it didn't seem
to be on their radar.

So, it looks like Manitoba Legislative Library is your best bet for ILL.

Helen Gillespie