[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Need Help Locating a Town in Belarus

Nadia Anderson anderson.nadia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 16:19:21 PDT 2013

I am trying to find out more information about my gr-grandfather's history.
His name was Oscar Cilz/Zilz and his Naturalisation Records list Grodno as
has birthplace. This is helpful, but because Grodno is both a town and a
region I am trying to narrow it down further.

His Ship Manifest also lists Grodno as his last permanent residence, but
there is more information that I cannot decipher, including a place of
birth and an address for his father Carl Zilz. I just don't have enough
familiarity with the Belarus region &/or I am not very good at reading this
style of handwriting, so I haven't been able to puzzle out these two words.
I am wondering if someone would be willing to take a look at the ship
manifest for me?

Thanks so much,

Nadia