[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] BENKE

gloria sunflower1975 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 16 13:42:32 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm just starting to look for more information on the BENKE family.  My grt
grt grandmother was Elisabetha BENKE REMBOLD LINK.  The only information I
have for her parents is she was born 09 Jul 1821 in Fredrichsfeld, Taurien,
S Russia and her father was Andreas BENKE.  I found a burial for Andreas
that could be a possibility - he was born in Frotschenda, Polen abt 1790 and
was buried in Hochstadt, Taurien, S Russia in 1844 at age 54.  Elisabetha
married Peter George REMBOLD in 1836 (died in 1848) and then married Daniel
LINK about 1849.  Can someone tell me if there are any records from the
Frotschenda, Polen area for 1790 or is there anyone researching this BENKE
family?

I would appreciate any help in getting started on this part of my family.

Thanks,

Gloria