[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bondermann from Volhynia

Earl Schultz Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net
Fri Oct 18 15:59:59 PDT 2013

Hi Charlotte,
It is likely that this name was spelled differently in the Polish records because Bondermann may have been Badermann or Badrmann.  The Polish a with a hook becomes 'on'.  If that is the case, I have a Karoline Bademann in the Michalki Parish records (no 'r').  I also have her name as Nademann and I am not sure if I had difficulty reading the name or if the name appeared both ways.  I am in the process of rechecking these records.  Karoline married Heinrich Michaelis and had two children in the Michalki records but I don't know where the marriage occurred.

I hope this is a clue for you and maybe someone else can comment.

Earl

Message: 1