[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Schmidt family from Sompolno region

Martin Schmidt g8orz03 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 19:00:19 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm brand new to SGGEE.  I am trying to research my family which emigrated
to the US from the area around Sompolno.  My grandfather was Rudolph
Schmidt, born in 1892.  I have never seen his birth certificate but I have
a WW II era record showing that his father was named Godfryd Schmidt, born
1851 in Zakrzewek (I'm not sure of the spelling since the hand writing is
difficult to make out).  His Father's name was Michal and his mother's name
was Zuzanna Schmidt nee Gregor.

My other grandfather was named Otto Kalis (born 1897) and his emigration
record states that he was from Koski, which I also believe was around
Sompolno.  His father's name was Wilhelm Kalis, and his mother was Emma
Pubantz.

My grandmother's name was Meta Nikolai (born 1907).  Her Father's name was
Emil Nikolai, and her mother was Alvine Raditz.

If anyone has information regarding any of these people I would appreciate
your help.

Martin Schmidt