[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Preserving your family papers

Beth Burke mackzie at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 25 06:34:54 PDT 2013

At most craft stores (Michael, JoAnn's) you can purchase artist portfolios
that are great holding those precious documents, but especially those that
are often times larger - like 7x11".  They are archival/acid free,
reasonably priced, and very easy to store.

I received a slew of documents from a 2nd cousin after her parents died
(Christmas in July).  One of those documents was an original (yes, original)
naturalization document for my great-grandparents and the children that were
still living with them in 1906.  I knew right away that these documents
needed special protection.  After scanning them, I put them in artist
portfolios to protect them.