[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Rittergut

Karen Anderson kander25 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 16:48:01 PDT 2013

I think you might have good news/bad news. The bad news is that Rittergut
is not a specific place, it is generic. Ritter is the German word for
knight and gut is German for estate or manor, so it would have been a
noble's estate. The good news is, if your ancestor owned the estate, there
might be more records available, as compared to peasants. Do you have a
family name that is associated with the estate?
Karen