[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Odds and Ends I have found

Helen Gillespie gilleh23 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 05:50:08 PDT 2013

Searchers in Saskatchewan

photos

http://library.usask.ca/archives/exhibitions-digital/
digital-projects/index.php

searching in Manitoba

Portage la Prairie cemetery database

http://www.city.portage-la-prairie.mb.ca/CemeterySearch.
php?Search0=Muir&cboSearchBy=1&btnSearch=Search

I ran across this site on the Manitoba govt site and thought it might be of
interest to those who may be searching families there. It is only an index,
but it does provide info on access.
http://www.gov.mb.ca/chc/archives/probate/guide.html

Although I think I have sent this before, there is also the BMD index for
Manitoba in certain years (privacy issues notwithstanding)

More digitising info from the Library of Congress - personal digital
archiving

http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/news/newsletter/201308.pdf

For those who had family serve in the US army or air force and whose
records may have been burned in St. Louis archives
http://www.stripes.com/news/the-painstaking-effort-to-
recover-millions-of-burned-military-service-records-1.233869
 For those who may have had ancestors in the German army 1914-1918 – photos
see also those in tumblr. A view of the dress, houses, The Front,
http://boingboing.net/2013/08/07/unseen-world-war-i-photos-ger.html

Helen Gillespie