[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] County name changes

Erick Krueger erickkrueger at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 14:27:43 PDT 2013

If you're researching in the USA, then there are animated county formation
maps available online, that go year by year and explain how counties
formed/changed.

Easiest way is to google search the state name and "county formation map".

A few examples:
Alabama:   http://gordonbush.com/genealogy/maps/AL_formation_maps.htm
North Carolina:  http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/state2/amap/nccf.html
Tennessee:  http://tngenweb.org/maps/county-ani/tn-maps/tn-cf.html
and so on.

Looks like a lot of these took data from AniMap, which is available here
for sale:
http://goldbug.com/animap/

Hope that helps,

Erick