[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 124, Issue 9 - German Dialects

Helen Gillespie gilleh23 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 17:21:45 PDT 2013

Perogies - I guess it depends on taste.  We usually had potatoes and
farmer's or dry cottage cheese ones but sometimes Mom would make them with
fruit. My Dad liked those. They were a bit messy though. I guess it depends
on where you lived - or the tradition in your own family.
Or potato pancakes - do you serve them with applesauce or sour cream? Again
- depends on your sources. Or taste.
Or cabbage rolls - lots of rice or with meat ?- It might depend on
location. We always had meat in ours - with some rice - but many Ukrainian
cabbage rolls are meatless. A cost factor or tradition.  I don't know.

In any case - they are all good!

Helen