[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Foods: was: dialects

Krampetz at aol.com Krampetz at aol.com
Fri Sep 13 12:33:53 PDT 2013

Pierogi  are usually farmers cheese (cottage cheese) and or  mashed potato
or plum fillings in the same dough as the Verenika recipe I found   (what
nationality are Verenika? it wasn't mentioned)

I'd never seen/heard of - zweiback being soft! .. I'd only had them  hard.
Had to look them up & see that can be eaten untoasted.

A lookup of Porzelki  appears to be deep fried sweet bread?
Google said no Niejakoakja, but there is "Niejako Akja"..
Which appears in numerous Polish web pages, but not as food.

You've already been corrected on Borscht  (Beet, not tomato) & my
mother threw away the beet tops,  but wife cooks them into the  Borscht.

Bob
(enquiring minds need to know)

In a message dated 09/12/13 09:26:42 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,