[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Starja Buta

Jerry Frank franklyspeaking at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 13 17:00:11 PDT 2013

As for the original question, if you search for it on Google Maps with this spelling Yasenivka you will find it in Zhytomyrs'ka Oblast.  That is the current name.

This map http://www.mapywig.org/m/WIG_maps/series/100K_300dpi/P46_S46_BARASZE_300dpi.jpg shows it as Stara-Buda.  The Buda suffix is correct but it is sometimes misspelled as Huta in extractions of records.

I have other paper maps that show other names as well.  I don't know if any of them are on line.  The Stummp map would also certainly show it.

Jerry