[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] train stations in Zhitomir oblast

Charlotte Dubay hoeserhistory at aol.com
Tue Sep 17 05:13:06 PDT 2013

Hello listers,
My grandmother's family left Heimthal in 1894. They took the train to Bremen.
I don't know where they boarded the train.
I have seen photos of the "new" train station at Zhitomir, but I was wondering
how many towns had stations -
or if in those early days you had to leave from the Zhitomir station.
Is there a list somewhere of train stations in Zhitomir / all of Volhynia?

I had read that the railroad development in Russia was "behind" other
European countries - with availability coming later for Russian travelers.

Thanks for any leads.

Charlotte DuBay
hoeserhistory at aol.com