[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Zhitomir trains, and best URL for huge free library in USA

Charlotte Dubay hoeserhistory at aol.com
Tue Sep 17 09:21:06 PDT 2013

DanW.Wagner sent me a photo of train station in Zhitomir:

Dan
Yes, that IS the picture that I have. HORSES??  and I thought it was a "regular" train. hah.

I just read the following this morning, on Wiki:

The Tsarskoye Selo Railway line was officially opened on 30 October 1837, when an 8-carriage train was hauled by a steam locomotive between Saint Petersburg and Tsarskoye Selo. Until the construction of the Moscow – Saint Petersburg Railway in 1851, it was the only passenger train line in Russia.[3] In 1899 it was merged into the Moscow-Windau-Rybinsk Railways and now forms part of the Oktyabrskaya Railway.
>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I found nothing on when the ENGINE pulled trains came to Volhynia. Probably need to go to the library.

Actually, some of you may not know this:
THERE IS A FREE DIGITAL LIBRARY ON THE INTERNET THAT CARRIES THOUSANDS OF BOOKS called internet archive digital library. www.archive.org
This has lots on genealogy.
If you have never been there, take a visit. And you don't have to whisper!

Guess I will try a search there to see what I can find on trains. Real trains!

Charlotte DuBay
hoeserhistory at aol.com

Charlotte DuBay
hoeserhistory at aol.com